“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.”


John Muir

Monday, November 15, 2010

What's the weirdest thing you have found in the woods ?

Ok I have to apologize for the following link. Probably my favorite message board postings on the web. Check it out 300 plus posts about weird things found, seen, or heard in the woods.

..I stumbled upon it about two year ago and spent probably three full evenings reading the posts. Enjoy......here are a few samples . There are many more......

I found an airplane wreck While deer hunting in the mountains of Northern California in the 60,s. Not all was there so I figured it was a known site. In a steep canyon & the motor and prop were there. I was a young kid and didn't report it. I wonder?

A couple years ago I was goose hunting by my lake. I decided that I needed to move the decoys a bit. While moving them I was looking at the ground and my eyes picked out some letters. The object that the letters were on blended perfectly with the ground. I picked it up and it said US on the front and had a picture of an eagle. On the back it said United States. It was a US Calvary brass button. There used to be a sign on a road within sight of my house that said a skirmish between the calvary and the indians took place in the area.

Here's the link

No comments:

Post a Comment