“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.”


John Muir

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Trout Quotes



“Whenever I hear the sparrow chirping, watch the woodpecker chirp, catch a chirping trout, or listen to the sad howl of the chirp rat, I think: Oh boy! I'm going insane again.”

Jack Handy
“To me heaven would be a big bull ring with me holding two barrera seats and a trout stream outside that no one else was allowed to fish in and two lovely houses in the town; one where I would have my wife and children and be monogamous and love them”
Ernest Hemingway
“Listen to the sound of the river and you will get the trout”
Irish Proverb
“You must lose a fly to catch a trout”
George Herbert
May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.
Irish Blessing
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.  
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment