“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.”


John Muir

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Quotes !



I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout.  Paul O'Neil


Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip. John Gierach


My wife said I have so many fly rods and reels that I cannot possibly use them all. My reply was that I had rods and reels to fish, rods and reels to tinker with and then my fine-crafted rods and reels to "fondle and admire," while dreaming of trout fishing during the cold winter months. You can imagine what kind of look she gave me. Jimmy D. Moore


There's a fine line between fishing and standing in the water like an idiot.
Steven Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment