“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.”


John Muir

Friday, December 3, 2010

Trout Joke


A young man and an old man were fly fishing on a beautiful trout stream. The young man started telling the old one that the night before he caught a trout that was over 6 1/2 ilbs. The old man replied "Oh yea, well I was here 2 nights ago and I hooked something huge. After a 30 minute fight I finaly got it up and it was an old lantern and the thing was still lit !" The young man said "Your lying. I can't believe that." Then the old man said "I'll tell you what, you knock a couple of pounds off your trout and I'll blow out my lantern."

No comments:

Post a Comment